logo

The pupils are learning about local history, where better to start than with the school.

The school started in a chapel, built in 1722. The original school was located in this chapel which is now in ruins located to the rear of the existing school. The chapel was hidden away for good reason. In the penal times catholics were not permitted to practice their religion and children were not allowed to be educated, hence the chapel was hidden up the back lane. The school opened in the chapel in 1838. The existing school opened in 1949 with an extension added in the late eighties.

Below is a photo of our pupils outside the original chapel.

old school history

Book Grant Allocation 2019/2020

Click the link below to view the Book Grant Allocation form:

Book Grant Allocation Form 2019/2020

Class Blog

Check out what Ms. Andrews' class are up to by following their class blog:

https://msandrewsclassbalrothery.blogspot.ie/